In our intimate and family relationships, we all have different needs, desires, and preferences. One of the greatest differences is our “Love Language,” which is the way we prefer to give and receive love.
This idea is the basis of the bestselling book, The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman, which outlines the Five Love Languages as Words of Affection, Gifts, Quality Time, Physical Touch, and Acts of Service.
- Words of Affection = “You handled that difficult situation so well. I really appreciate that about you.”
- Gifts = “I bought you this pretty candle for no reason other than I thought you’d like it.”
- Quality Time = “Let’s go to Napa this weekend. It doesn’t matter what we do – I just want to spend time with you.”
- Physical Touch = No words, just a soft squeeze as you walk by or a hand resting on your knee as you talk together.
- Acts of Service = “Your empty trash cans were at the curb, so I brought them in for you.”
This tarot spread will help you identify your own Love Language. While you are reading through the spread, spend some time considering how your Love Language is different from the preferences of the other people in your life.
Before we get started, enter your email below to download a PDF printable copy of this tarot spread to record your tarot reading.
Reading the Tarot Spread
For the tarot spread, shuffle the cards any way you’d like and lay out ten cards in the order shown in the image above. This isn’t a complicated spread, but it takes time to read through all ten cards.
CARD ONE: How do I feel about giving physical affection?
CARD TWO: How do I feel about giving gifts?
CARD THREE: How do I feel about saying loving & affectionate things to others?
CARD FOUR: How do I feel about doing little favors for others?
CARD FIVE: How do I feel about making an effort to spend quality time with others?
CARD SIX: How do I feel about receiving physical affection?
CARD SEVEN: How do I feel about receiving gifts?
CARD EIGHT: How do I feel about hearing loving & affectionate words from others?
CARD NINE: How do I feel when others do little unsolicited favors for me?
CARD TEN: How do I feel about others making the effort to spend quality time with me?
You can get a two-page PDF printable copy of this tarot spread with companion tarot journaling page for your own use. Just enter your email below…
For a similar tarot spread on building stronger relationships, check out the Tarot Spread for Building a Circle of Support.
And if you’ve found this tarot spread helpful, please share it with your friends by using one of the buttons below.