People who are confident and courageous seem to be without fear. It seems as if they are able to accomplish bold magic through a force of will or natural talents.
This is totally untrue.
Everyone feels fear. The bold, confident and courageous risk-takers act in spite of their fear. They put their fear in it’s place and use it as a tool. Their fear becomes an arrow pointing towards what they need to address.
This tarot spread is based on the “fear setting” exercise from Tim Ferriss and will help you realistically assess the impact of going after your biggest desires and goals.
First, answer the following questions in your tarot journal:
- “What’s my biggest, most difficult, or scariest dream?”
- “Why does that dream scare me? If I go after that dream and fail, what’s the ABSOLUTE WORST thing that will happen?”
Be extremely specific about your answers and record your true fears, not just the ones that are realistic. If you’re afraid you’ll end up living in a cardboard box with only a crumpled Starbucks cup for company, write that down.
Reading the Tarot Spread
Once you’ve recorded your answers, shuffle the cards any way you’d like and lay out four cards in the order shown in the image above.
CARDS ONE THROUGH FOUR: How would I deal?
These cards will help you brainstorm some specific action steps you could take if that ABSOLUTE WORST situation happened.
Once you have four specific ways you could recover and survive if the worst happened, answer the following questions in your tarot journal:
- “Now that I know I could survive the worst (and actually have a bit of a plan to do so), what’s really holding me back from going after my dream?”
- “On a scale of 1-10, how much will I permanently gain from accomplishing my dream?”
- “On a scale of 1-10, how much temporary pain might I experience from attempting my dream?”
Do you want more tarot spreads like this one?
The Simple Tarot’s email subscribers get a new tarot spread every single week. Join them by entering your email below…
Want all of the weekly tarot spreads, all at once? Get the BIG Bundle of 52 Tarot Spreads (with many bonus spreads!) here.